Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Day 1, January 1st, 2013

Okay, here goes... I'm not a gardener yet, but I have taken a proactive approach to my health in a gradual but steady manner. Most of the food I buy these days is bought with a consciousness of serving my well being. As I started making more and more organic choices, dealing with the added prep work of food that is less and less processed, something dawned on me. I started to feel better. I decided to start composting with the idea of putting the compost to use later. Since I can remember, my energy levels have always had huge spikes and valleys. When that started to level out I knew I was on to something worthwhile. This is why the idea of making my own organic garden began to germinate.

About a month or so ago, I started thinking about how I'd do my garden. My first idea was to build a cover over my back patio area including a deck area on top, where I would set up framed beds to grow in. I still love the idea, but I'm sure it is too ambitious for me to accomplish at this point. OK, so it's also not practical. Next I found myself investigating online all about drip irrigation, which I plan to implement. I'm still not sure if I will set up multiple sites in my front and back yard in order to deal with my sun exposure challenges or not. For now, I have decided to start on an available area on the limited southern side of my house.

Day 1,  January 1st, 2013

I pulled some weeds and moved some earth. This is going to be a lot of work. 

The picture was taken after I'd started to clear the mess and level the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment